tiny flowers background

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Out in the Fields With God

I came across this poem this week.

As a matter of fact,
it was the first morning that
spring time loveliness had shown her face on our little farm.
I happened upon this poem
shortly before we were to head out the door to a wooded trail for a
welcome breath of God's unveiling of spring
.
I know it is just a brief respite,
and Spring in her full glory is not here yet,
but the poem and the day were very nourishing to both body and spirit.

They both were a needed reminder to trust in the
one Who holds every season in His hands,
whether the beautiful changing of the seasons,
or the seasons of troubles that come to each of us in this life.

I really would do well to spend more times "out in the fields with God".

This poem is attributed to Elizabeth Barrett Browning.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The little cares that fretted me,
I lost them yesterday,
Among the fields, above the sea,
Among the winds at play;
Among the lowing herds,
The rustling of the trees,
Among the singing of the birds,
The humming of the bees.
The foolish fears of what may happen,
I cast them all away
Among the clover~scented grass,
Among the new mown hay,
Among the rustling of the corn,
Where drowsy poppies nod,
Where ill thoughts die and good are born~
Out in the fields with God!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Our day was lovely.
I felt and feel blessed beyond measure
to have spent a beautiful day in the woods with my blessings and grandblessings.

I feel above all else grateful to know God,
and His word,
and His great love and provision for us.
I hope you can enjoy this gentle reminder as well.

Love to you all,
~m

1 comment:

  1. our day also felt so healing and good for the soul.
    so glad you were out as well.

    that poem is lovely.

    and so are you.

    chas

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for sharing them with me!