tiny flowers background

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Haallooooo and A Yummy Good for You Recipe


Well, it's been a while.
A super di duper Looooooooong while.

I've had plans, plans and more plans to write oodles of things, but...alas...I don't seem to get around to it. I am confident that I will eventually, because it's on my list to get back to blogging.

And if it goes on my list, eventually, it gets done.

Anyway. I'm really on an eating healthier kick. Trying to help hubby any way I can mend his broken leg, and do my best within my power to prevent my cancer from re~occurring.
So, spur of the moment today I threw together this marvelous, this super duper, this amazing~fresh~maybe~my~favorite~salad~ever. My momma used to fix a waldorf salad when I was a kid that I liked. I had a bit of that taste in mind, added a bit of fresh this and that, and here's what I came up with for our lunch today.

Fresh Waldorf Ambrosia
2 large handfuls fresh spinach leaves rinsed and patted dry
1 small head romaine lettuce rinsed, patted dry, and torn in smallish pieces
1 1/2 pounds red grapes with seeds removed (grapes with seeds are better for you)
5 stalks celery rinsed and chopped
2 granny smith apples cored and chopped
1 cup fresh snap peas rinsed and chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1/2 to 3/4 cups raisens

This makes a ginormous amount!!

Dressing is:
1/2 cup light miracle whip
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix together, then pour and thoroughly toss salad.

Oh me oh my, it is sooo good!
Enjoy friends.

Hopefully be back soon!
love,
marie

1 comment:

  1. *sob* That looks and sounds so amazing! Oh! By the way, you're amazing too! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for sharing them with me!