tiny flowers background

Monday, March 18, 2013

Pure Religion

We had a wonderful ladies Bible class tonight with very dear ladies and kiddos. 
I enjoy our ladies Bible class so very much! We prayed. For a really long time. No. I mean. A. Very. LONG. Time. It's what we do. You all know I'm a chatty girl. Well, um, if I'm chatty with you, you KNOW I'm going to have a lot to pray about with our Holy God. Many of you were brought before our Father's throne tonight, for comfort, strength or renewed health. 

We studied James 1:26~27 through 2:1~4.

Main point?
 Pure Religion=True Christianity, before God (which is everywhere and all the time) is truly being a Christian through and through. Duh, right? But easier said than done. It takes a constant heart of self examination, honesty and humility to see our weaknesses and decide to overcome them.

We should live our lives the same whether we are at home, the store, the church building, the bowling alley...everywhere, all the time in any and all circumstances. We should always show love, grace, mercy, patience, purity, kindness, compassion, and the list goes on...NOT because someone is looking, but because we DESIRE, with all of our hearts, to please God and to be a shining light to show others the love, blessings, peace, happiness and joy that can be found in Jesus Christ our LORD in living a life that brings glory to Him.

We used to read in the Little House on the Prairie books about the judges at the county fair taking a core sample from a huge wheel of cheese, or a tub of homemade butter, or a watermelon or pumpkin. They took core samples to make sure that whatever was being judged didn't just look good on the outside, but that it was solidly wholesome all the way through. That's what being a Christian is all about. That's what I want to be. I want people to be able to trust that I am who and what I say I am all the way through, not just for show and not just for them.

Do I stumble? Absolutely. Am I perfect? No way! Do I get mad sometimes? Umm...do you know me? Yup. Do I have a lot of growing to do? You bet. I can be a real stinker. Superman wants to hit me on the head with a coconut sometimes. No, really. He doesn't, but, I can make that man crazy. Does my faith get shaky when crisis after crisis hits. Yup again.

But I WANT to be like Christ in every way that I can be. I want to grow and learn to be more like him. I want you to be able to take a core sample of my heart, and see I'm a Christian through and through, no fooling. I slip up sometimes, but I'm not trying to discourage you, or fool you. I truly do love the LORD with all of my heart, soul, and strength. I'm trying to please the LORD, but I mess up. I fail. I sin. I stumble, then I get back up and try again. I need you to have patience with me, and be willing to forgive me when I stumble, because, maybe, like you, I'm a work in progress. I promise to try and do the same for you. That's this wonderful, perfect plan of pure religion. Of true Christianity.

What a wonderful life this Christian life is. What wonderful peace to pray and KNOW God hears us. To stumble, and know He will reach down and pick us up. To fail and know HIS blood covers a multitude of sins. To cry out to Him in anguish for this painful crisis to pass, and to KNOW that eventually it will. God is so good. And eternity is Forever.

Love you all.
Sweet dreams and don't forget your prayers.

~Marie

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marie! Everything I learned in the Book of James I learned from my precious daddy! Goodness I needed to visit today. Love you! Anne

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for sharing them with me!