tiny flowers background

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Him

A good friend posted a note on facebook a few days ago...it was about all the blessings flurying around us right now. Weddings, showers, graduations and the celebrations that go with them all...Wonderful, blessings overflowing days filled with goodness and {{{hopefully}}} thanksgiving.

She noted how important, in the midst of all of this, it is to not neglect the spiritual aspects and our obligations that go with those blessings...sigh...

I already am the world's worst card sender. I have good intentions. I pray for those dear ones that are grieving, sick or discouraged, but I'm not the best at letting them know that. Then, with all the wedding goodness going on, a few things have fallen by the wayside. I honestly have not studied nearly as much as I usually do these last few weeks. Why in the middle of blessings from HIM, do we let ourselves get so busy we neglect HIM? I know, I know, life does get busy, but I'm just saying that I, me, myself could do a little better.

This morning as I was finishing up 1 John, I was touched several times by His words about the great love that  Our Father has for us. The reassurance that He wants us to have in knowing how much He loves us, though we truly are not deserving of His love. He loved us first, and frankly, there was a time when I sure was not that lovable...ahem...Superman may say there still are times...cough, cough...

Anyway...I am thankful for that friend's reminder. I am thankful for my precious family, these beautiful blessings full busy days before our babygirl's wedding, but most of all I am thankful for HIM. For the sacrifice of the Father in giving His Son for me. For the sacrifice of the Son in giving Himself for me. And most of all for His word that I can know of His great Love and of His great plan that's all about Love and Obedience, for all of us.

"Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another...Herein is our love made perfect, that we may have boldness in the day of judgment: because as He is, so are we in this world. There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that fears is not made perfect in love. We love Him, because He fist loved us...By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God and keep His commandments. For this is the love of God, that we keep His commandments; and His commandments are not grievous. ...These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may KNOW that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God."  1 John 4:10,11,17~19; 1 John 5 2,3, 13

Love you all~
marie


1 comment:

  1. I know just how you feel! Goodness it has been forever since I stopped by. Good to see you here and I love to come over to say hello! Happy to know you are busy. But I have always loved visits with other Christian women and you have such a beautiful family. Thanks for sharing. Hugs and Blessings, Anne

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! Thanks for sharing them with me!